This is a review of the Freedom patio panel pet doors which allow your dog to come and go as he pleases through your sliding glass door. These dog doors have a heavy-duty aluminum construction and the glass is shatter-resistant, tempered safety glass. The door flap has been designed with an energy-conserving ultraseal flexible flap system which is designed to keep the heat and cold outdoors. Dogs generally have no problem with this flap, but the magnets may need to be reduced for cats to use it with comfort.
Features of this Dog Door for Sliding Glass Doors
- Easy installation to give your pet access through your sliding glass door with no cutting required; Detailed instructions and installation hardware included
- Automatically adjusts to fit into your sliding glass door track for right or left sliding doors 76 13/16″ to 81″ tall
- Strong, white aluminum frame with tempered glass to withstand heavy use
- Latch kit included to lock sliding glass door
- Weather stripping, glass sweep and slide-in closing panel included for weather resistance; closing panel also keeps pet from using door or to close off opening when not in use
- For shorter, Large pets 100 lbs. or less; flap opening size 10 1/4″ W x 16 3/8″ H and 4 1/4″ rise
- Call, chat or email with our expert US-based customer care specialists six days a week; they are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs
- PetSafe Brand is an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment, and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Dog or Pet Size
- For medium pets 40 lbs. or less; flap opening size 8 1/4″ W x 12 3/16″ H and 1 3/4″ rise and choose the medium panel
- For shorter, large pets 100 lbs. or less; flap opening size 10 1/4″ W x 16 3/8″ H and 4 1/4″ rise. Choose the Large panel
- For taller, Large pets 100 lbs. or less; flap opening size 10 1/4″ W x 16 3/8″ H and 8 1/4″ rise Choose the Extra Large panel
If you have decided that this is the one for you then click here to get the best deal on the Freedom patio panel pet doors
Installation of the Petsafe Freedom Patio Dog Door
Not Recommended for Vinyl Sliders
The most important con for these doors are that Petsafe do not using these Patio Panels for Vinyl sliders as installation of the panel can cause cracking in the vinyl making it unstable and damaging your vinyl sliding door.
In conclusion this dog door glass sliding panel was found to be easy to install and the dogs and cats adjusted well. One customer found the dog door too small for his Great Dane and another complained that it did not come in black. It is however, not an all weather door, but it is doubtful that any glass sliding panel dog door would be and it may be that in an four season climate it would be necessary to restrict its use to the milder seasons and use a sturdier and more normal dog door such as the Ruff Weather Dog Door in Winter.